PERSEUS MINING YAOURE S.A
Description du poste
The incumbent will be responsible of :
• Relating to Tailings Storage Facilities (TSFs); The Engineer Of the Records provide Geotechnical Engineering services, leadership analysis and implementation of the Design, Construction, Operation planning, Monitoring, Closure and any other responsibilities as required by the Country regulatory and PML procedures (via contractor Knight Piseold) relation to the TSF; in line with the departmental Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
• Knowledge of Ivorian Mine Safety Regulations with respect to Processing Operations and Tailings Storage Facilities
• Ensuring the training program delivers the required skills
• Comply with Perseus HSE policies, standards and procedures, especially in relation to high risk activities
• Lead efforts to ensure that effective controls are in place for safe systems of work and effective environmental management
• Lead site initiatives to improve the understanding of TSF processing operations safety
• Facilitate and manage all aspects of compliance on particular focus on any required statutory requirements on TSF
• Comply with Perseus safety and environmental policies, standards and procedures
• Formally reporting all hazards, incidents and near-miss events that occur and conducting timely investigations when required.
• Work with the Manager and Production Superintendent to achieve TSF KPI`s
• Provide safe and technical guidance on the development and management of the TSF in accordance with the applicable regulatory, environment, TSF design codes, and the PMY Tailings Management Guideline
• Provide technical guidance for sustainable dam operations to ensure risk factors are addressed, this includes; dam stability and storage optimization, regulatory compliance and limiting processing plant down times by ensuring standard tailings deposition method and water management to achieve design and operational requirement, maintaining embankment and tailings stability
• Collaborate with related Engineering stakeholders, both internal and external to conduct various geotechnical analysis (i.e. seepage, stability and dam optimization) internally or in collaboration with consultants if applicable
• Ensure the design, construction and performance of the TSF are in compliance with the best practice and applicable regulations, statutes and codes of the TSF life-cycle
• Liaise with relevant departments to prepare design specifications, scope of works, volumes, schedules for construction and provide technical guidance in TSF related contract adjudicatory processes
• Prepare and Manage appropriate budgets for construction, operation, monitoring, auditing and consultation of the TSF
• Design and manage Geotechnical site investigation, testing, reporting and instrumentation program in line with design and regulatory requirements
• Develop and Update effective emergency preparedness and response plans to reflect design and operational changes of the TSF life-cycle
• Provide regular updates on the risk profile created by the TSF, including input when modifications are considered for the dam by determining potential dam failure profile and recommending appropriate remedial measure
• Prepare monthly reports on the performance and development of the TSF to the regulatory agency,
• Update, implement and own the Operation, Maintenance & Surveillance manuals for the TSF, and other water management facilities and the deposition planning
• Own and manage data related to water management, piezometers, bore holes and prepare action plans based on dam monitoring and inspection outcome to senior management and design consultant
• May represent the site on company sponsored steering teams related to geotechnical efforts on the TSF
• Provide support for other Geotechnical related tasks as required by management Must be highly knowledgeable in advance soil mechanics and material behaviour
• Competency in use of Slide/GeoStudio Surpac or equivalent software
• Competency in evaluation and implementing tailings dam optimization parameters
• Any other task given in regards of TSF management
Profil du poste
• BSc in Civil Engineering/Geological Engineering
• Valid Ivorian driving licence.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience at operating mine sites
• Demonstrated accountability
• Significant production records
• Advanced skills on Microsoft Office package
• Good oral and written communication skills
• A team player and with the ability to work under pressure.
• Extensive problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently and to take initiatives.
• Experience in managing contractors and consultants to deliver within timelines.
• Must use appropriate design software to evaluate and manage risk factors of tailings dam.
• TSF management experience.
• French language skills
• Experience working in culturally sensitive environments
• Ability to use PRONTO and INX In-Control Safety Management system would be advantageous
Dossiers de candidature
Toutes les personnes qualifiées et intéressées sont invitées à envoyer leur CV, lettre de motivation et prétention salariale en français et en anglais, à PMYRecruitment@perseusmining.com
La date limite de soumission des actes de candidature est fixée au 26 Mai à 10H00.
Préciser en objet “ TSF Engineer”. Les candidatures féminines sont fortement encouragées.