ENDEAVOUR MINING / AGBAOU GOLD OPERATIONS S.A
MINING ENGINEER / INGENIEUR DES MINES
Description du poste
• Develop and communicate an integrated Weekly Mine Plan and associated production schedule that defines the complete scope of works for Mining Operations, including the definition of development and services works to facilitate access to the scheduled working areas.
o The weekly plan shall detail work schedules defined daily, including mining locations and equipment assignment.
o The weekly plan shall clearly define the spatial requirements of the schedule (e.g. face advance, stockpile builds, development priorities, etc.) so that schedule compliance can be easily managed during execution.
o The weekly plan shall include Blend/Stockpile Management Plan
o The weekly plan shall also include detailed schedules for mine services including
o Haul road, drainage and berm locations
o Drop-cuts, ramps and sump development
o Dump construction
o Pump and pipe movement
o Scheduled equipment moves, including cables
o Other related infrastructure
• Identification of key areas of execution risk and alternative strategies are part of the planning process. Therefore, priority and contingency are key considerations in the development and communication of the Weekly Plan.
• Develop and communicate a Daily/Shift Plan that makes the optimal use of available resources and contributes to the successful attainment on longer-term (weekly/monthly) plans.
o Daily/Shift plans must have priority activities established and those activities allocated to the resources that have the highest likelihood of achieving the planned outcome.
o The plan should have a level of contingency (back-up) for key activities should conditions change or expected events occur.
o Coordinate and conduct the daily and weekly production planning meetings.
o Provide 24-hour mining reconciliation.
o Provide mine planning and engineering liaison with mine operations, on a continuous day/night shift operation.
o Provide input to monthly planning conducted by the Senior Planning Engineer.
• Deputise for the Senior Planning Engineer in his absence.
• Liaise with other unit operations covering milling, mine maintenance, mine services (water, rehabilitation, contractors), geotechnical, resource development, information technology to ensure a coordinated daily and weekly mine plan.
• Operate the mine planning systems such as Short Term Planning, Medium Term Planning, Pit and dump Design, Drill and Blast Design, Ore Control and Fleet Management to interrogate and provide output sufficient for coverage during times when the persons of primary responsibility are unavailable.
• Provide sign-off on ore control material routing.
• Provide sign-off on ore control polygon dig shape design.
Compliance / Quality Control
• Promote and adhere to appropriate internal methodologies, policies, procedures and standards.
• Consistently maintain a high quality of work across all allocated functions.
• Provide input/informed commentary, improvement opportunities and areas of risk to management.
• Actively contribute an improvement culture by actively encouraging employees to participate in continuous improvement.
Cost Management & Reporting
• As directed, gather inputs specific to your area during the budget preparation process.
• Accountable for approval of purchases and expenditure within delegated limits of authority.
• Provide day to day management acting as a resource status reference point and mentor for staff to ensure work outputs are in line with strategic and business plans.
• Monitor performance and develop review plans for all direct reports.
• Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
• Ensure that agreed procedures, safeguards and controls are applied and used.
• Ensure all activities are conducted safely and in accordance with Company standards and procedures
• Ensure hazard management plans are observed.
• Keep statutory and internal reporting as required.
• Active participation to the Health & Safety Committee.
Profil du poste
• Bachelor degree in mining engineering and related field
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in mine engineering.
• Previous experience with a range of mine engineering packages and databases
• Excellent organisational skills
• English language skills are desirable.
• Experience in a developing country with a preference for West African experience.
• Experience working in multicultural environment.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and networks.
• Possesses strong training and mentoring skills
• Demonstrates strong conceptual skills, and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
• A reputation for integrity and ethics.
• Having a Driver’s license is desirable
• Honest, diligent and enthusiastic.
• Self-motivator and setting of stretched targets
Dossiers de candidature
All qualified and interested employees should send their CVs to AGOrecruitment@edv-ops.com.
The deadline of submission is the November 15th, 2018 at 12:00 pm.
Interviews will be held on Agbaou Mine site.
Please specify in subject “Mining Engineer”