ENDEAVOUR MINING / AGBAOU GOLD OPERATIONS S.A
SENIOR MINING PLANNING ENGINEER
Description du poste
The incumbent will provide support and assist the Chief Mining Engineer in coordinating all mine planning activities.
2. Major tasks and responsibilities of position
• Develop and implement medium- to long-term mine plans ensuring Budgeted targets are met.
• Calculate and present mid-year and annual ore reserves to standard as per legal requirements.
• Planning of mine infrastructure required for operations efficiency, services reticulation and mine expansion.
• Prepare 12-month rolling forecasts and be accountable for the accuracy and completeness of that plan.
• Provide designs and schedules in a timely manner to ensure safe, optimal production.
• Provide a monthly reconciliation against the month plan / forecast and actual performance. Manage ore production and waste line management.
• Timely identification of ground control and other geotechnical instability problems, and take appropriate action as may be required.
• Provide short to medium term plans for paste backfill reticulation.
• Undertake project work and troubleshooting as required for further optimization of the backfill systems and instrumentation systems.
• Managing the mine survey and ensure Surveying is carried out to mark out designs and any other information that operations require
• Plan and Oversee optimization of drill and blast design parameters
• Promote and adhere to appropriate internal methodologies, policies, procedures and standards.
• Consistently maintain a high quality of work across all allocated functions.
• Promote and develop the skills of subordinates through the transfer of technology and skill development through on-the-job training programs.
• Encourage and facilitate effective and supportive communication between all team members and related departments
• Ensure every person within team is fit for work.
• Ensure that agreed procedures, safeguards and controls are applied and used.
• Ensure all activities are conducted safely and in accordance with Company standards and procedures
• Ensure hazard management plans are observed.
• Keep statutory and internal reporting as required.
• Active participation to the Health & Safety Committee.
Profil du poste
3. Position Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in mining or geological engineering
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in open pit mining with supervisory experience.
• Computer literacy. Good knowledge of Ms Excel.
• Sound knowledge of mining software (Surpac, MineSched, Whittle etc.).
• High-level of knowledge of mine planning.
• English language skills are desirable.
• Experience working in multicultural environment.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation and build effective relationships and networks.
• Possesses strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team.
• Demonstrates strong conceptual skills, and be capable of developing lateral and practical solutions.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to respond to a changing work environment.
• The ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
4. Behavioral Competencies
• Honest, diligent and enthusiastic.
• Self-motivator and setting of stretched targets
• A reputation for integrity and ethics.
Dossiers de candidature
All qualified and interested employees should send their CVs to AGOrecruitment@edv-ops.com.
The deadline of submission is July 7, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
Please specify in subject “Senior Mining Planning Engineer”