SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
HEALTH AND NUTRITION SPECIALIST
Provide strategic technical support to the country programme and technical support to Managers in the field offices.
Support the quality, design, delivery and representation of Save the Children’s Health and Nutrition programming in Côte d’Ivoire.
Initiate, lead, advise, support and optimize the contribution of the Côte d’Ivoire programmes to Save the Children UK’s (Save the Children) global Child Survival breakthrough and campaigns.
The incumbent will be the overall responsible for the development of quality country-level interventions in the thematic areas of health and hunger reduction (Nutrition).
Qualifications et Experiences :
- Post graduate, Master or equivalent field experience in health, nutrition or related field
- Strong experience in Community bases and Primary Health Care’s programmes.
- 8 Years’ experience at international level in technical support and/or programme management
- Direct experience of planning, implementing and measuring the impact of health, hunger reduction or other related programmes
- Successful track record of developing large-scale proposals ($1m and above) and securing funding from donors
- Clear commitment to, and experience of, developing and coaching staff, combined with the ability to give direct actionable feedback.
- Successfully working with minimal administrative support.
- Inter-personal skills to influence and guide Field and other senior managers in identifying programming opportunities and resolving programme and campaign challenges, and to work in a collaborative manner within the Country Leadership Team .
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically.
- Credibility to represent the organization to regional bodies and donors.
- Commitment to the values and mission of Save the Children.
- Ability to speak and write clear English and French.
- Ability to travel to the field, which is expected to be 50% of the work.
- Experience of Save the Children’s programme.
- SMDP (senior management development program de Save the children)
Contrat length: 2 years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.