SENIOR GENDER EXPERT - IVORY COAST IMPROVING LAND ACCESS FOR WOMEN ACTIVITY
Description du poste
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a Senior Gender Expert position on a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Côte d’Ivoire.
Project Summary: The goal of this project is to increase social cohesion, reduce land conflicts and economically empower women to contribute to their communities by strengthening their legal access to land in Northern and Western Côte d'Ivoire. This is expected to be a full-time position based in Abidjan.
Profil du poste
* Serve as the primary Point of Contact (POC) on gender issues under the project
* Advise and support the program on gender related issues and mainstream gender perspective
throughout the two objectives of the project
* Advise policy and facilitation of knowledge building on gender issues
* Lead the compilation, analysis, and interpretation of gender-related challenges over women
land lights in Côte d’Ivoire through research and preparation of top-quality analysis and reports
* Master’s degree or higher in Social Science, Law, Political Science, Economy, or another
* A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience on legal women
empowerment, gender, governance, advocacy, women and youth empowerment, and
community cohesion in West Africa;
* A minimum of four (4) years of experience in a senior supervisory role on a development
program of similar size or complexity;
* Demonstrated experience working on gender issues within West Africa including francophone
countries; experience working on gender issues in Côte d’Ivoire preferred;
* Professional-level fluency in English and French is required.
Dossiers de candidature
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: http://bit.ly/ILAWGenderExpert
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.