IHS COTE D'IVOIRE SA
SENIOR MANAGER, NOC
Description du poste
Support the Director, Technical in providing strategic and operational leadership to the NOC organization.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deputize for the Technical Director in contributing towards effective and efficient management of network performance and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with internal and external customers.
- Manage Front and Back office, Diesel teams and suppliers, RMS maintenance/deployment team, MIC-3 team, Data quality team.
- Ensure systems availability and compliance with relevant ISO and SOX standards.
- identify, negotiate, and agree in-house quality procedures, standards, and/ or specifications.
- foster insights-driven operations through ongoing recording, analyses, and distribution of statistical information based on integrity, accuracy, and validity of data.
- Project-manage systems deployment, optimization, and integration.
- Manage & document the change control process.
- Implement technology solutions to be used in monitoring the network.
- Ensure network monitoring systems are fully/ optimally operational and direct the allocation of resolution activities based on fault alarms received.
- Support the Technical Director in asset optimization initiatives, including integration of Remote Monitoring Systems (RMS) with existing NOC processes and procedures.
- Communicate observed network issues to the Project Management Office (PMO) in order to facilitate the identification of vendor upskilling opportunities.
- Perform trend analyses on optimized sites to generate insights on areas to focus on for intervention
- Manage client escalations, re-confirm tickets, and provide initial analyses.
- Provide inputs to Root Cause Analyses (RCAs) and coordinate efforts to remedy root causes for the long-term
- Intervene directly in activities to fix/ solve network degradation.
- Provide inputs to diesel fault analyses.
- Ensure all NOC data structures, databases, and trackers are maintained and updated by accountable team-members.
- Identify and prioritize sites for RMS solution deployment.
- Reduce the number of cases where the problem analysis process is triggered to ensure FTR improvements.
- Drive NOC staff compliance with all departmental policies, processes and procedures.
- Develop and implement steps to optimize the department's costs.
- Regularly review and evaluate policies, processes, workflows and activities across the NOC to identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with key stakeholder teams, such as Operations, Real Estate, Business Decision Support, etc, to fulfil the NOC's mandate as a critical network assurance and reporting function.
- Manage the NOC's staff structure, training and performance in line with approved headcount budget and overall business objectives.
- Ensure all audit issues within the NOC are cleared by accountable team-members.
- Provide consolidated reports of activities to the Technical Director.
- Provide Power Supply/Consumption inputs, for power sources performance and power variation generation.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned by the Director, Technical Contract management for various clients and suppliers.
Negotiate and reconcile penalties with clients and vendors.
- Prepare and maintain various NOC & Performance reports, this includes – and not limited to – daily, weekly, monthly trouble tickets performance reports, system faults/outages reports, Network Availability, SLAs/OLAs governance reports and various dashboards.
- Build and maintain historical data, Of performance reports, for use in maintaining a realistic basis for future planning and forecasting.
- Analyze various NOC reports and provide problem management reports which focuses on faults/outages trends with RCA to capture repeated faults/outages and predict future issues and work on permanent resolution.
- Communicate planned change requests internally within NOC team as per change management policy of telecom operator.
- Increase day-to-day operational efficiency and accuracy via the use of automated tools and scripts.
- Report and lead on diesel reduction by setting up performance reports and follow up with OM team by using tickets.
Profil du poste
- Engineering Management.
- Network Operations Management.
- Network Performance Analysis/ Reporting.
- SLA Fulfilment.
- Fault Management & Root-Cause Analysis.
- Network Monitoring/ Availability/ Service Uptime Management.
- Resource Management.
- Business Process Design & Reengineering.
- Service Level Management.
- Stakeholder Management.
- Negotiation Skills.
- use of NMS tools, e.g. OSS, iManager, Netnumen, etc.
- Use of RMS tools AIO specifically is a must.
- Use of MIC-3 tool is a must.
- Use of Work Management tools, e.g. OWS, REMEDY, HP Work Management, etc.
- Relevant experience in NOC/OM environment with demonstrable responsibilities spanning technical/ operations support, workforce management, performance optimization, operation and maintenance and project management.
Intermediate knowledge of IT infrastructure, protocols & best practices preferably acquired in a role supporting NOC tools and systems.
Extensive knowledge in power systems, Generators, etc… to challenge OM on their RCAs and build team knowledge.
Ability to use various tools and reports to setup a logical troubleshooting system for faults and issues.
- Influencing Skills.
- Collaboration & Teamwork.
- Be Bold.
- Customer Focus.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications Engineering or any related discipline. Advanced Specialist Master's in Engineering and/ or an MBA will be an asset.
- 05 years' experience in telecoms Network Operations Centre management with most recent 2 years in management/ leadership.
Experience in maintenance management ( for AIO system).
Experience in managing 1000+ sites, multiple clients and vendors.
Fluent in both English and French.
Dossiers de candidature
Please send your application (CV + Cover letter) to : email@example.com
Deadline : 25/08/2022.