Le Cabinet Afrique-Stratégies
un CONSEILLER JURIDIQUE SENIOR
Information Legal AdviserJob Description
Title: Legal Adviser:
Working within the Top Management team – based in the Abidjan Office- in charge of all legal matters of the company.
- Draft local and international contracts: Analyse, review, comment contracts and make recommendations
- Provide legal and contractual opinion on any legal and contractual issues-
- Ensure that all insurance policies are in place and provide adequate coverage to company
- Inform and advise company on any existing and/or new laws and regulations and/or any government decision that will impact company’s activities
- Understand PSC and JOA in order to ensure that all contractual requirements are met (eg issue or have the appropriate department issue the reports when due)
- Administer all signed contract and ensure that all services and purchase required or made are covered by adequate legal/contractual documents
- Ensure that corporate procedure is followed by every department and personnel (eg procurement / purchase procedure, bid tender process etc…)
- Ensure that company fulfils its obligation vis a vis fiscal return shareholders meeting and annual reports
- Responsible approach to its business activities
- Lead by example with actions and initiatives
- Be accountable and ensure to comply with all Company Safety Rules & Regulations
- Fit with Company culture
- Strong team player but able to work on own initiative
- Good communication, organisational, presentation skills and a strong work ethic
- Ability to work under sustained pressure
- Proficiency in spoken and written English (be able to work in English and be able to translate from English into French / from French into English
- Be able to meet frequent deadlines by managing well time and allocation of priorities
- Good IT skills
- To be familiar with Oil & Gas sector
Duties & Responsibilities
- Update all local Contracts for services required both offshore and Onshore.
- Ensure compliance with PSC requirement
- Ensure that all insurance policies are in a valid state and follow renewal when required
- Get familiar with JOA / Gas Sale Contract / Govt Relationship
- Development of role in within the Company
- Increase Responsibility for Corporate Compliance/Governance/Risk matters
- Advise on CDI (Côte d’Ivoire) and regional regulatory legislation including anti-bribery and corruption legislation
- Advise on OHADA, CEMAC and other regional and local legal and regulatory requirements and developments
- Advise on CDI Labour Law (regulatory legislation)
- Create definitive asset files and records
- Engagement with key external advisers
- Post completion requirements i.e., contract assignments
- Business development matters
- Review of Confidentiality Agreements
- Due diligence assistance
- Reorganise the Legal Department filing system to ensure that document is well preserved and satisfy local legal conservation requirement.
- Ensure compliance with Company procedures to protect company and stakeholder activities and unsure the ongoing integrity of activities.
- Ad hoc trips offshore CDI.
- Demonstrate and promote the commitment of the company to a safe & environmentally
- Degree qualified with a strong academic background (Law)
- Perfectly bilingual
- Professional experience preferred
Le dossier de candidature (CV et LM) est à transmettre à l’adresse suivante :
Date limite de candidature : le 29 Août 2022.