Description du poste
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE: To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
ABOUT THE ROLE
FTA is looking to hire a Côte d'Ivoire (CDI) based Administration Officer on the Livelihoods Ecosystem Advancement Programme. The Livelihoods Ecosystem Advancement Programme (LEAP), aims to address the root causes of market failures which keep Ivorian cocoa farmers in poverty traps. The programme will deliver tailored interventions across three key areas: cooperative strengthening; access to finance; and income diversification. By the end of the programme, it is anticipated that over 5,200 Ivorian cocoa farmers will benefit from increased incomes. The programme will also test and seek to understand which interventions and/or combination of interventions drive farmers closer to reaching a living income in CDI.
The Administrative Officer position will manage administrative and logistics activities in the LEAP programme office in Yamoussoukro. The Administrative Officer will see to the daily business operations of the office, coordinate logistics and support with administrative functions for the project. He/she will be expected to coordinate closely with the Finance and Procurement Manager for any other administrative support required for the project.
LOCATION : Yamoussoukro, Côte d'Ivoire
• Staff reporting to this post: NO
• Postholder Reporting into: Finance and Procurement Manager
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: No
Profil du poste
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administration and Office Support
• Maintain an up-to-date office asset register and coordinate office equipment maintenance and repairs to ensure equipment are in good working conditions
• Manage the security of the office premises and property therein, and the motor pool.
• Work with the IT support staff to ensure the efficient operation of the local area network.
• Ensuring timely payment of utility bills (water, electricity, internet,)
• Coordinate the inspection and receipt of goods. Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met.
Travel and Logistics
• Arrange all travels (national, regional and international), transfers and accommodation bookings for LEAP staff, consultants, Fairtrade members, partners, donors and other stakeholders and assist during their stay.
• Coordinate the use of LEAP project vehicles and driver needs and requirements
• In liaison with the programming team organize and arrange producer visits for the LEAP team and other visitors.
• Support the region with procurement of goods and services (Air Ticket, Hotels, Training materials, venue hire for events etc)
• Ensure availability of meeting rooms, external venues, equipment, materials and catering arrangements for LEAP and partner meetings as required
Human Resources Support
• Support the Finance and Procurement Manager in field recruitment exercises by organizing interviews, interview folders, and sending out regret letters for consultants and partners
• Liaise with the HR and Administration Manager and the Head of Region to ensure timely renewal processes for contracts.
• Coordinate the on-boarding of incoming local staff and prepare their induction programmes
• Monitor, track and update the leave database in coordination with line the Programme Manager
• Update and ensure staff contractual, medical, all other insurances records are up to date.
• Create and maintain employee files, ensure that all records are up to-date.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
Experience and Knowledge
• At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in administration, logistics or a related operations role
• Previous experience working on donor projects or with NGOs is highly desirable
• Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
• Good command of spoken and written English and French
• Good MS Office skills particularly MS Excel
• Excellent oral and written communication
• Data entry and records maintenance skills
• Strong training, communications, and personnel management skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Good customer services skill
Dossiers de candidature
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION DEADLINE 25th August 2022
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website http://www.fairtradeafrica.net/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/ Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name, and the position Administration Officer
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form and email to email@example.com If you have any queries, please call +254202721930 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as condition of employment.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.