AFRICAN WATER ASSOCIATION
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AWASA
Description du poste
Position Title: Executive Assistant AWASA
Direct supervisor: AWASA Director
Location: Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Period: 12 Months with a 3 months’ probation period
Starting date: August,1st 2022
The African Water Association (AfWA) is in the process of establishing an independent African Water and Sanitation Academy (AWASA) based in Kampala, Uganda. The courses will be coordinated from the AWASA office in Kampala, which is linked to the Ugandan operator, the National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC).
In Kampala, the coordinating office is to be based with a relatively small functional team consisting of an executive director, a programme officer, some administrative staff for finance, partnerships and marketing.
Once fully established AWASA will provide courses across the African continent, to meet the needs in the water and sanitation sector in the African countries in order to provide practice-oriented and demand driven qualification measures. AWASA’s intent is to establish the training and capacity building institution that provides a sustainable capacity development program for stakeholders in the water and sanitation sector, ultimately leading to improved services for the African population. The course development will be piloted in Senegal and Rwanda. The establishment of AWASA will be supported by the PartnerAfrika project AGTIWAS (African German Training Initiative in Water and Sanitation) until 2024.
In the initial phase of the advancement of AWASA there will only be the Interim Director, whose responsibilities lie solely in the registration of AWASA and the development of a 5-year business plan, and the Executive Officer, who will be supervised by AfWA and AGTIWAS.
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the Interim Director and after to the Director. This position will actively manage the Director’s schedule, handle internal and external executive-level communications, and coordinate special projects and events.
This position is full-time, limited for 12 months and will be located at the AfWA offices in Côte d’Ivoire. Therefore excellent knowledge of French and English is a must for this position.
What we want:
• Technology-competent and/or willing and able to learn new tools.
• Have an exceptional ability to see ten steps ahead, anticipating and heading off issues before they become problems.
• Highly skilled at prioritizing the Director’s tasks and effectively communicating changing priorities on a daily basis.
• Problem solver! Plans, strategies, and schedules change: You react quickly, are resilient, and take the initiative to find the best alternatives when these changes arise.
• Independent: self-directed and able to get the job done; ensure the Director is on track.
• Proactive: you take initiative in improving processes; you’re always thinking ahead.
• Implements AWASA activities in coordination with and under the supervision of the Director and AfWA.
• Manage Director’s schedule: schedule meetings, screen for conflicts, and ensure the Director is prepared for important meetings.
• Arrange travel, prepare expense reports, and handle other administrative tasks.
• Spearhead the planning and logistics of organization-wide meetings
• Serve as proxy for the Director at certain meetings, take notes and keep track of the Director’s action items.
• In the absence of the Director, act as the liaison between AWASA and AfWA and related projects (e.g. AGTIWAS).
• Liaises with AfWA team members and external service providers regarding venues, travels, hotels, catering, technical equipment, overall organization and logistics for workshops and other activities that take place in different countries.
• Communicates with service providers and AfWA to support the development of courses.
• Coordinates and disseminates all internal and external material, including publicity and background documents regarding the implementation of workshops.
• Coordinates and disseminates appropriate mailings in a timely manner.
• Develop and sustain a high level of professionalism among staff, AfWA and its members and partners.
• Provides updated reports to the Director and AfWA.
• Assist the Director with administering the organization’s travel policy: follow up on travel approvals and expenses and help manage the budget.
• Assist the Director with reports, presentation, and follow ups with / for major donors and sponsors.
Profil du poste
Required Skills & Qualifications:
• Master’s degree in social sciences or any valuable field;
• Excellent knowledge of French and English
• Be personable with strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills; ability or willingness to learn to use various communication tools and function in an asynchronous work environment.
• Uphold a strict level of confidentiality.
• Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks, re-prioritize on a daily basis, and meet deadlines.
• Be highly organized with exceptional planning skills.
• Able to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
• Ability to track and monitor travel budget spending at the org level.
• Willingness to try new methods, apps, and/or technology.
• Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions.
• 5 to 7 years experience as Executive Assistant or similar roles.
• An interest in free and open source software and/or internet freedom is a bonus but not required.
Additional experience in / knowledge of the following areas will count as an advantage:
• Capacity building / curriculum development
• Organization of workshops
• Monitoring & Evaluation
• Database management
• Experience in the WASH sector
• Online meeting platforms; online learning platforms
Dossiers de candidature
• Cover letter
• Detailed curriculum vitae in English
• Names and contact details of three reference persons.
While AfWA is working towards a gender equitable workforce, hence so female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
send your application before 17th July 2022
to the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Specify in the object of your email: Executive Assistant AWASA
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.