THE INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF GRAND-BASSAM
ACCOUNT RECEIVABLE – CASHIER (2 POSITIONS)
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: FIN#2021/03
POSITION: Account Receivable – Cashier (2 positions)
OPENING DATE: August 06, 2021
CLOSING DATE: August 10, 2021
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
DURATION: One-year renewable
The International University of Grand-Bassam is seeking two candidates to fill the position of Account Receivable – Cashier in the Administration and Finance department (AF).
The International University of Grand-Bassam (IUGB) is a private, publicly supported institution established within the framework of a public-private partnership. IUGB offers an American curriculum in English. It opened in 2005, and, by the signing of Decree 2007-499 on May 16, 2007, was formally accredited as a University within the Côte d’Ivoire higher education system. Envisioned as a Regional Center of Excellence in Higher Education in Africa, IUGB’s mission is to provide internationally recognized higher education through technology-enhanced English medium instruction in fields critical for regional development, international success and life-long learning.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION
S/he will be responsible of the management of students’ accounts receivable both locally and with Partners Universities. S/he will also deal with financial aids allocation and provide support to the Student Financial Services Manager. (A summary of the position description is available on our website: http://www.iugb.edu.ci/) and Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/InternationalUniversityofGrandBassam
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
Student Financial Services duties
- Receive settlements for students (bank receipts or checks)
- Communicate payments plan information to parents,
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or enquiries
- Prepare bank deposits verifying amount against the computer reports
- Maintain Students’ Financial file and record
- Answer inquiries regarding student account
- Communicate to Student Financial Services Manager any financial info regarding students
- Assist in student financial account analysis
- Assist auditors when needed
- Perform any other duties as requested by the supervisors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proven experience in customer management,
- Knowledge of billing and customer management software (e.g.: sage)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
- Knowledge of basic accounting procedures money management, and computer skills
- Ability to shift quickly between several tasks without loss of continuity
- Ability to examine documents for accuracy and completeness
- Good communication skills in French and English
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people, including students, employees, faculty, and the general public
- Ability to provide proper customer service.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments and work under general supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet established deadlines
- Ability to plan, organize and implement assigned responsibilities
- Ability to work accurately and efficiently in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions
- Knowledge of office policies and procedures preferred.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARD:
- Bachelor degree in Finance and Accounting.
- A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
International University of Grand-Bassam
Attention: Human Resources Manager
BP 564 Grand-Bassam
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
POINT OF CONTACT
International University of Grand-Bassam
Human Resources Office
Tel: (225) 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52
Important Notice: Applicants MUST submit a current resume and a cover letter. Copies of both education documents and working experience must be attached to your application. When submitting your application via email, please always start the subject line with the Vacancy Announcement’s number followed by the position title. E.g.: VA FIN#2021/03, Account Receivable – Cashier.