DIRECTOR OF MONITORING, EVALUATION, AND LEARNING (MEL)
Description du poste
EngenderHealth is seeking expressions of interest from highly qualified candidates for the Director of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) position on an anticipated USAID Maternal and Child Health and Family Planning (MCHFP) project in Cote d’Ivoire. Ivorian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is subject to change based on procurement requirements and is contingent upon EngenderHealth being awarded the project and availability of funds.
Working under the supervision of the Chief of Party (COP), the MEL Director will provide technical leadership, oversight, and strategic direction for monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities for an upcoming USAID-funded project in Cote d’Ivoire. S/he will oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning components of this award. The MEL Director will provide technical leadership to develop the project framework, plans and indicators to capture performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. The ideal candidate will have experience implementing systems for adaptive management and learning. The MEL Director will supervise and manage the M&E team to design and implement project MEL activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The MEL Director is responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes and challenges to USAID. The MEL Director will liaise with consortium partners and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to implement M&E activities. This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
• Lead the team to develop and implement a project Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Plan consistent with the USAID results framework in coordination with the Chief of Party, the local M&E team, local stakeholders.
• Develop and implement a project’s information system to capture project performance and results, including routine service delivery data reporting, baseline and end-line assessments, and all monitoring for process and outcome evaluations.
• Develop and oversee data flow pattern for the project that will ensure timely data collection and reporting.
• Ensure high-quality M&E implementation activities, which are consistent with the Ivorian national M&E guidelines protocols, information and reporting systems in compliance with USAID requirements.
• Use evidence from multiple sources to contribute towards strategic decision-making and project planning.
• Support strategic collaboration activities with key stakeholders to learn from evidence generated by the project and adapt interventions as appropriate.
• Supervise routine data collection, including collaborating with the Ivorian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare to strengthen the HMIS system and use of data at the facility and district levels.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a quality database(s) of project indicators and activities for adolescent reproductive health, family planning, maternal and child health and other health areas to be specified by USAID.
• Ensure the quality of data through data verification procedures including routine data quality audits.
• Ensure data quality audits are routinely carried out during the project life cycle, and in close collaboration with the MOH in compliance with USAID requirements
• Improve the capacity of the MOH and other stakeholders for collection, analysis and use of DHIS2 and other data sources for improved decision making.
• Oversee and/or conduct targeted evaluations and operations research, including protocols, design, data collection, management and analysis in-line with international standards and EngenderHealth Standard Operating Procedures.
• Promote and support the dissemination of lessons learned, abstracts and success stories among the project team, the Ivorian development community, and international stakeholders.
• Supervise and develop capacity of a team of M&E professionals.
• Develop strategy, prepare workplans and budgets, and provide relevant data to enable production of all quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports.
Profil du poste
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Advanced postgraduate degree in public health, demography, epidemiology, biostatistics, social science or any related field. PhD/MD candidates preferred.
Minimum seven (7) years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large, multi-year international health sector development projects, with strong preference for candidates with deep understanding of MCHFP.
Familiarity with Ivorian health management information system, other national M&E systems, and DHIS2.
Excellent analytical skills coupled with proven ability in using visuals like graphs, charges, maps and GIS.
Demonstrated ability to use DHIS2 and DATIM for reporting or analysis.
Demonstrated experience working with USAID large-scale programs, including knowledge of USAID’s reporting requirements on reproductive health /family planning.
Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, quantitative and qualitative data analysis and presentation.
Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Stata or SAS.
Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID, host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector.
Demonstrated outstanding leadership, strategic thinking, and organizational, team-building, and representational skills.
Experience hiring and supervising personnel and ensuring they acquire the necessary training and skills to meet evolving project needs.
Demonstrated experience with PMP development and implementation.
Fluency in French required and English language proficiency level three, strongly preferred.
Dossiers de candidature
Please visit the careers page at https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh01/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ENGENDERHEALTH&cws=1&rid=1435 to submit your details by 31st March 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.