SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMME OPERATIONS - ABIDJAN
As a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director of Programme Operations shares the overall responsibility for the direction and coordination of the Country Office. The Director of Programme Operations in his/her capacity is responsible for the implementation of all programming in country, including providing senior leadership and oversight of all field offices, emergency preparedness and response, Awards management and Logistics (Supply Chain) for the Country Office in CIV.
• Masters’ degree in development or other social sciences or equivalent experience
Experience and Skills
- Recommended a minimum of 10 years’ management experience in an NGO environment, including significant field operations experience running both emergency and development programs
- Masters’ degree in development or other social sciences or equivalent experience
- Robust experience of NGO emergency program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organisation structure
- Substantial experience in logistics, including procurement, supply chain, fleet management & inventory
- Significant knowledge of international humanitarian systems, institutions and donors, and of procedures, accountability frameworks and best practices in emergency management
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary control and securing and managing grants from major institutional donors
- Solid project management skills related to organisational development projects and international, cross-functional teams with a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- An in-depth understanding of national and international development issues in particular in relation to children
- Previous experience of managing and developing a team and the ability to lead, motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English
Contract length: 02 years
Work location: Abidjan, Cote d‘Ivoire
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Application deadline : Feb 5, 2021
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.