REGIONAL COMMERCIAL MANAGER
Description du poste
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified
producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern Africa; Southern
Africa; West Africa; and Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to
effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade System and
provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. The FTA Board
directs policy and strategic development of the organization.
FAIRTRADE AFRICA PURPOSE: To improve the socio-economic conditions of African producers through increased access to better trading conditions.
ABOUT THE JOB
To plan, coordinate and implement market access and penetration strategies, offer advocacy and resource mobilization support, implement awareness campaigning and interface with various governmental and global stakeholders for all Fairtrade products.
To optimize sales channels for producer commodities under Fairtrade terms whilst increasing volume and producer impact in the medium and long term.
• West Africa Region, the position will be based in Ghana or Cote d'ivoire
Post holder reports to Commercial Director
Staff reporting to this post: Commercial Officers
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
Market Access Management
• Develop the route to market strategy aligned to the commercial strategy to optimise market forces. This includes the north and south markets
• Continuously explore opportunities for expanding coverage into new geographical areas and sales channels of all Fairtrade products
• Map out on a continues basis all produce market opportunities for Fairtrade products and actively match the markets to the products for onward communication with the producer networks
• Track sales using provided platforms
• Promote Fairtrade products to the target audience through strong linkages
• Ensure effective communication with relevant stakeholders in a structured manner.
• Provide support during resource mobilization project proposal writing opportunities.
• Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual business reports / plans, in conjunction with the Commercial Director.
• Budget Management. Optimize the budget with smart spending. Track, control, evaluates all spending.
Key Account & Stakeholder Management
• Develop a key account management strategy with up-to-date joint business plans for each account
• Develop and execute customer retention strategies
• Strategic management of key stakeholders’ relationships like Product Managers, National Fairtrade Organizations, buyers, government agencies and donors across the globe.
• Collaborate with programme teams to understand and offer business capacity support.
• Engage with buyers, providing product specific data to shape the implementation of the market access strategy
• Through the programme teams, ensure producer participation in market access and strategy forums, product trade fairs and exhibitions.
• Represent Fairtrade Africa at buyer meetings within the Fairtrade network, attending relevant conferences as required.
• Product quality profiling for different market segments
Customer / Trade Marketing
• Develop customer marketing plans aligned to the commercial stratgey
• Ensure retail in-store branding is executed as documented in the customer marketing plans
• Collaborate with the Marketing Manager to execute consumer communication.
• Facilitate and coordinate trade fairs and buyers’ field visits.
Supply Chain Management
• Understanding Fairtrade standards and enforce adherence in the supply value chain
• In collaboration with the program team, determine market demand of Fairtrade’s product from Africa for input in product availability and supply strategies.
• Forecast the products demand against planned supply in conjunction with programs team
• Maintain a rolling forecast dashboard with relevant updates, variations and re-forecasting notes
Profil du poste
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or a related field.
• Project management will be an added advantage
Experience and Knowledge
• At least 5 years’ experience of sale portfolio management with atleast 2 years in senior management experience
• Experience of route to market strategy development and execution.
• Key account and stakeholders’ relationship management experience
• Understanding of market research methods and analysis
• Experience in working in a matrix organization
Skills and competencies
• Demonstrated financial and project management skills
• Strong conceptual and negotiation skills
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Strategic thinker in developing account plans
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong bias to action
• Ability to build and maintain strong business relationships
• Report writing skills
• Planning and organization skills
• Strategic and analytical skills;
• Team player
Dossiers de candidature
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION (Deadline 26th, January 2021)
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website http://www.fairtradeafrica.net/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/ If you have any queries, please e-mail email@example.com or call +254 202721930 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment.
Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (Regional Commercial Manager) Please specify the region during application- West African Region, Southern Africa Region or East and Central Africa Region) and be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted