SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
This position is contingent on the issuance of US/DOL funding and the selection of applicants is subject to US/DOL approval.
Save the Children is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager for an anticipated 4.5 year US Department of Labor (DOL)-funded program in Cote d’Ivoire. The goal of the program is to increase the number of cocoa cooperatives demonstrating a reduction of child labor in the cocoa supply chain focuses
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will be responsible for leading the design and implementation of the program’s Comprehensive Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (CMEP) and information system to track delivery against outputs, outcomes and impacts. S/he will lead analysis of data collected for the assessment of progress and improvements. S/he will also guide reporting processes amongst technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt and the use of data for programmatic improvement. S/he will support all the technical staff in M&E functions and will manage any M&E related staff in the project. This is a leadership role and will serve as key personnel of the project team.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (preferred) in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, economics, or international development preferred.
- Minimum of seven years of professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in planning and managing various studies; for example, performance evaluations, baseline studies, case studies, and gender/diversity-related studies.
- Experience designing and managing multiple disaggregation variables for participant monitoring and database systems, including gender and age.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator design, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in designing and administering data collection tools, conducting data entry, data cleaning, data processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field managers and/or sub recipients.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Demonstrated ability and skills in analysis and report writing is essential.
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and analysis frameworks and development of indicators pertaining to adolescent girls’ and women’s economic empowerment is preferred.
- Fluency in English required.
Contract length: 24 months renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Application deadline : Monday 27th , August 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.