Description du poste
1. KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Establishing and maintaining survey control across the site for all activities
• Ensure that survey data is entered correctly
• Ensure that surveys are completed to an appropriate standard
• Assist other departments with survey and drafting requirements
• Ensure that survey equipment is used and maintained correctly
• Keeping up-to-date plans and sections of all areas requiring survey control
• Marking up Open Pit grade control in a timely manner so as not to effect production
• Monthly and weekly processing and reporting of Open Pit and stockpile surveys
• Accurate processing of survey data
• Carry out surveys in a timely manner
• Conducting survey measures to enable contractual payments to be made
• Consolidate the information gathered by the team and calculate volume to present to engineering
• Use AutoCAD/Surpac to present the pit pick plan
• Use of drone – Agisoft used for pick up for monitoring - 3D picture
• Ensure that all reporting required meets the standards and is completed and distributed on time.
• Reports should include quantity, volume moved from the pit.
• Measure volume from bench to bench - Monitoring ore and waste.
• Promote and adhere to internal methodologies, policies, procedures and standards by consistently maintaining a high quality of work across all allocated functions.
• Be accountable for the quality of work output from the unit/department through an on-going monitoring and audit process.
• Ensure compliance with all statutory and company standards through training and development of staff and promoting by example.
• Operate autonomously ensuring that the survey department meets the daily operating requirements and the long-term planning and design needs of the mine.
• Ensure staff resources are maximised and staff members undertake appropriate training and development so they are skilled efficiently to perform allocated duties.
• Overview, provide direction and act as a technical reference point and mentor for staff while ensuring work outputs are in line with strategic and business plans.
• Be responsible for implementing and on-going monitoring of performance and development review plans for all direct reports.
• Be accountable for the initiation of any disciplinary action or reward recognition for staff under direct supervision within the work unit.
• Demonstrate personal commitment in regard to safety and environmental and Social Responsibility practices.
• Ensure that agreed procedures, safeguards and controls are applied and used.
• Ensure all activities are conducted safely and in accordance with Company standards and procedures
• Ensure hazard management plans are observed.
• Keep statutory and internal reporting as required.
• Active participation to the Health & Safety Committee.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
2. KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Meet required monthly safety submissions
o 4 per month documented safety interactions
o 3 per month documented near miss incident reports
o 3 per month documented Hazard identification reports
o 3 per month documented planned task observations
o 1 per month documented planned inspections
o Ensure Supervisors achieve their monthly safety submissions.
• Rectify 100% of “A” class safety hazards on the same day.
• Achieve zero (0) department fatalities per year
• Achieve less than 4 LTI for department per year
All In Sustaining Costs (AISC)
• Control monthly contractor expenditure within the agreed budget
• Manage absenteeism
• Achieve accuracy in providing all spatial controls
• Produce accurate EOM volume reports
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities in procedures and practices
• Achieve accurate survey and valuations
• Conduct validity of data for accuracy and consistency
• Meet long term planning needs for the mine
• Deliver End of Month reports on material movement and all stockpiles quantified.
• Regulatory compliance with respect to legal and government regulations
• Control monthly expenditure to within the agreed budget
Complete capital projects on time and within budget
3. CONSTRAINTS, FRAMEWORKS & BOUNDARIES
The Chief Surveyor must:
• Practice what will minimize costs in survey to ensure that the annual operating budget is achieved
• Comply with all health & safety procedures
Must have a valid Drone License.
• Ensure that survey controls, survey equipment procurement, the survey team are established on schedule and within budget.
• Implement, operate and maintain seamless, low maintenance and low cost survey systems and procedures for a large open pit operation at the same time building strong working relationships to ensure that all customer requirements are met.
5. WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT
• Roster: 7 weeks in, 3 weeks out/10-4
• Hours: 10 hours
Location: Agbaou Site (approximately 230 km north of Abidjan)
6. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
• Chief Mining Engineer
• Mining Manager
• Mine Production Team
• Survey Team
• Load & Haul production
• Survey software specialist
Profil du poste
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree or Advanced Diploma in Survey at a recognized tertiary institution
• Experience of at least 5 years’ in a surveyor role and 3 years in similar mining environment
• Proficient in the use of mine design and survey software including Spectrum Survey Office, Carlson Surveyor + GPS, Trimble Optron, Surpac, Leica and MineSight
• Proficient in the use of GPS systems
• Proficient in the use of wireless data systems
• Excellent organizational skills
• French language skills are essential and English language skills are highly desired
• Experience in a developing country with a preference for West African experience.
• Experience working in multicultural environment.
• Able to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and build effective relationships and networks.
• Possesses strong training and mentoring skills with the ability to develop an effective team.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• A reputation for integrity and ethics.
• Having a Driver’s license is essential
• Having a Drone’s license is essential
Dossiers de candidature
All qualified and interested employees should send their CVs to AGOrecruitment@edv-ops.com
The deadline of submission is July 25, 2020 at 10:00 pm.
Please specify as subject “CHIEF SURVEYOR”.