ENDEAVOUR MINING / AGBAOU GOLD OPERATIONS S.A
Description du poste
The incumbent will assist the Senior Mine Geologist and other Geology Department staff in the implementation and operation of Geological activities for mining operations.
2. Major tasks and responsibilities of position
• Geological: Knowledge of regional, camp and mine scale geology to enable relevant interpretations to a level as expected.
• Continue to improve existing knowledge of mine scale geology.
• Be able to recognize geological structures and interpret same in relation to orebody and also understand faulting and displacement.
• Mapping: Capable of mapping geological features in the field.
• Create accurate plans and sections using hand drawn maps and electronic software programs.
• Logging: Interpret logging based on lithology and mineralization and also be able to use logging to create geological bodies.
• Drilling: Planning and execution of drilling programs. Collection of drilling data, Database management skills. Interpretation of drill data. QAQC of drilling data and downhole survey data.
• Interpretation: Able to do geological interpretation and data analysis to create an understanding of ore body geometry and mineralization controls.
• Wireframing and orebody modelling using 3D geological software.
• Interpretation of grade control models into flitch plans for mining.
• Identification of additional mineralization potential to increase ore reserve.
• Estimation and evaluation of block models. Block model reporting
• Reconciliation of grade control versus resource model and also against actuals mined. Mine and Mill reconciliation.
• Able to use all Microsoft Office software to capture data, communicate and illustrate work. Good knowledge geological 3D software’s such as Surpac and Datamine. In addition, database management software’s such as Microsoft Access and DataShed, An aptitude to learn new software systems.
Profil du poste
3. Position Requirements:
• Understanding of Geological processes and mining operations.
• Minimum of three years Mine Geology experience
• BSc (Honours) degree or equivalent diploma qualification in Geology from recognized tertiary Institution.
• Understanding of Geological activities associated with all mining and exploration activities. May be required to work in adverse climatic conditions such as heat, rain, mud, dust often encountered in the pit. Attention to detail, particularly recording data with minimal errors.
• Fluent French & English
4. Behavioral Competencies
• Honest, diligent and enthusiastic.
• Self-motivator and setting of stretched targets
Dossiers de candidature
All qualified and interested employees should send their CVs to AGOrecruitment@edv-ops.com
The deadline of submission is July 05, 2020 at 5:00 pm.