IMPAACT4HIV Programme Coordinator
Solthis is a global health NGO, founded 20 years ago, which works for prevention and access to quality healthcare for all, by sustainably strengthening healthcare systems and services. We focus on women's, mothers' and children's health, and on major pandemics such as HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis. Solthis is a development NGO with 6 country offices in West Africa. Working in partnership with local players, it implements projects that combine operational research, capacity-building and advocacy.
Solthis applies a policy of non-discrimination in recruitment based solely on the skills, level of experience and interpersonal skills of its candidates and under no circumstances bases its selection criteria on notions such as gender, age, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or state of health (pathology and/or disability). We therefore encourage you to put your name forward.
To complete the operational team of the IMPAACT4HIV project, we are looking for a..:
IMPAACT4HIV Programme Coordinator
Contract duration : 1 year renweable
Status : Executive - 210-day package
Duty station : Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Availability : 15/02/2024
The IMPAACT4HIV project will pilot innovative models of disease management for people living with advanced HIV through a simplified and decentralised approach in target countries. It will focus on early screening, identification and decentralised care for adults, adolescents and children in primary care and community channels. IMPAACT4HIV will implement community-based, people-centred approaches and introduce innovative tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of services.
The project, funded by Unitaid, will be managed by a consortium led by Aurum with DNDI, Pata, MAA and Solthis and implemented in South Africa, Côte d'Ivoire, Mozambique, DRC and Sierra Leone. It will be implemented from January 2024 for a period of 3.5 years. Solthis will be responsible for deployment in Côte d'Ivoire and Sierra Leone.
The Solthis team will consist of a programme coordinator based in Abidjan and two implementation teams in Abidjan (Côte d'Ivoire) and Freetown (Sierra Leone). We are looking for a programme coordinator to cover all activities under the responsibility of Solthis in the two countries.
Reporting to the Solthis Country Director in Côte d'Ivoire, the IMPAACT4HIV Programme Coordinator is responsible for the overall supervision of the project.
The IMPAACT4HIV Programme Coordinator will be responsible for carrying out the following tasks
Is the main representative of the IMPAACT4HIV project
• To the consortium leader (Aurum), other consortium members, and national, regional and international partners (including technical and financial partners).
• Is responsible for donor reporting and communication with the consortium lead.
• Ensure that partnership agreements are drafted, reviewed and signed between Solthis and its implementing partners (research partners, local partners, Ministries of Health).
• Ensures coordination between the Solthis teams in headquarters, Côte d'Ivoire and Sierra Leone, by organising steering meetings to share information and lessons learned from the project.
Is responsible for the overall strategic and operational management of the project
• Is responsible for monitoring the implementation of the project, including in-country activities.
• Ensures that the objectives are achieved within the deadlines defined contractually with the consortium lead and the funder.
• Is responsible for the quality of deliverables by implementing project management and quality control mechanisms.
• Is responsible for the management and follow up of the project's budget and coordinating the development of budgeted action plans for the project in the 2 countries.
• Coordinates the development and implementation of the strategy for disseminating the project's results and lessons learned, as well as the transition and scaling-up strategy towards donors such as PEPFAR and the Global Fund.
Supervises and manages the IMPAACT4HIV coordination team, comprising two project coordinators in Côte d'Ivoire and Sierra Leone
• Develops and participates in team dynamics and the creation of a healthy working environment that respects Solthis' values and complies with HR principles.
• Sets annual objectives and carries out regular individual reviews
• Supports its N-1s in strengthening their project management skills
• Recruits and supervises consultants.
Initial training :
You have a 4/5-year degree in a relevant field (social sciences, political sciences, development) or are a graduate of a business school, Bioforce (...) training in public health is a plus.
You must have at least 6 years' experience in project coordination/management in the field of international solidarity. You have proven experience in team management, complex project management and external relations.
Knowledge of UNITAID procedures and public health policies will be a real asset.
Qualities & Skills:
For this position, we are looking for a person :
• Able to lead multi-disciplinary teams by demonstrating an ability to listen,
• Autonomous and flexible, able to adapt to a variety of contexts and stakeholders
• Know when and how to use diplomacy and persuasion to manage a multi-country project team in a consortium
• Highly rigorous and autonomous, with good ability to manage priorities and the pressure inherent in the job
• Fluency in French and English is mandatory
You have a good command of the Office pack and remote meeting moderation tools (Teams, zoom).
Salary: Depending on the contract: national or expatriate, experience in a similar position and SOLTHIS pay scales.
HOW TO APPLY
Application: CV, covering letter and 3 references (former managers)
Send to: email@example.com with the subject line "CPROG I4HIV - Surname First Name".
Application deadline: 15/12/2023
Procedure: Successful candidates will be contacted for an HR interview, a written test and technical validation.
Please note. Any application submitted after this deadline will not be considered.
Solthis reviews applications on an ongoing basis and may close recruitment early if a candidate is selected for the position.