COOPERATIVE ADVISOR (M/F)
Description du poste
For inspiring and creative professionals who are passionate about impact-driven agricultural co-operatives.
Agriterra is the world’s leading not-for-profit agri-agency from-and-for agricultural cooperatives and farmer organisations. Our mission is to strengthen organised farmers in developing and emerging countries, given the importance of effectively organised farmers to sustainably address food security, economic development, climate adaptation and mitigation.
We were founded 25 years ago by Dutch farmer cooperatives and have over the years evolved into an organisation partnering and supporting farmer cooperatives and organisations worldwide. Agriterra assists them with advice and training through peer-to peer support in combination with locally based experts. We apply a three-track approach:
we make cooperatives bankable and create real farmer-led companies, we improve extension services to farmer members, and we enhance farmer-government dialogues. Our advisory practice covers the full range of services on Management & Organisation, Financial Management, Governance, Business Development and Lobby & Advocacy.
Agriterra is organised with a head office in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and has a network of 4 regional offices and 12 country offices spread over Africa and Asia; employing approximately 170 staff members. We are financed and work via donor-granted projects and programmes. These long-lasting strategic partnerships with a variety of donors are key for us in our day-to-day work. For more information, visit our website www.agriterra.org.
For our activities in Ivory Coast we are looking for:
Cooperative Advisor (m/f)
Location: Ivory Coast
This person will provide expert advice, coordinate advisory trajectories with clients, and have an advisory and broker role in the closing of business deals aimed at building well organised and operational cooperatives and farmers’ organisations. In order to achieve this, the successful candidate will initiate and maintain a network that will include cooperatives and farmers’ organisations, financial institutions, traders, service providers and other stakeholders in the value chain. He/she will initiate and guide change trajectories with clients and will lobby, mediate and support negotiation processes, as well as prepare business deals.
• Support cooperatives in drafting business plans.
• Investigate opportunities to finance business plans of cooperatives, support the cooperatives in the establishment of contacts and negotiate business agreements with buyers/suppliers, banks, investors and other financiers (governments and the business sector).
• Help develop financially sustainable service structures within cooperatives and farmers’ organisations to enhance their business.
• Collect and systematise information about clients and advisory processes, such as financial reports and annual overviews. Support clients in drafting financial documents.
What we have to offer
This position requires you to show initiative and use your skills in order to operate in dynamic national and international markets and in close cooperation with the agricultural business sector.
At Agriterra, the work environment is collegial and ambitious, and the focus is on achieving results. As Cooperative advisor, you will be working under the direct supervision of the Project Lead and Regional Manager. Whenever necessary, you will work in collaboration with other Agriterra employees in Ivory Coast as well as in the region. Agriterra is offering a full-time position for a period of one year, with the intention of extending the contract. The working conditions and additional benefits are good. The salary offered will depend on your experience, age and family situation.
Profil du poste
▪ A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field e.g., Development Studies, Entrepreneurship, Agri-business, Business administration, Agricultural economics, Accounting and Finance or any other related field.
▪ At least 3-5 years of relevant working experience at (inter) national organisation(s) and companies; experience in analysing and developing business and finance plans for agricultural projects.
▪ Good knowledge and experience in the agricultural sector in Ivory Coast preferably, cocoa, cashew, shea and cereals with adequate knowledge and network in agribusiness financing sector would be a plus.
▪ Understanding of and experience of the agricultural cooperative sector, facilitating workshops, deliver advisory services, financial project management, PMEL, donor reporting.
▪ Good oral and written communication skills in English and French.
▪ Good computer skills in MS-applications (MS Office).
▪ Willing to travel in Ivory Coast and other countries in West Africa region.
Dossiers de candidature
Are you interested?
Are you interested in this position and do you fit the profile?
Apply before 10 December 2023, with a cover letter and curriculum vitae, by sending a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.