Description du poste
1. General Description
AGRO-MAP, a regional company with it's headquarters in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire implementing nature-based solutions projects in Cote d'ivoire , Congo and Ghana. It implements sustainable development projects that have a socio-economic impact on small agricultural and forestry producers in order to improve their resilience to the effects of climate change. As part of the implementation of Climate Smart Agriculture Solutions, AGRO-MAP is recruiting a Project Manager in Ghana. For more information visit https://agro-map.com
2. Consultancy Summary
The Project Manager will lead AGRO-MAP’s effort to implement Nature-Based Solution projects in Ghana. Applicants must be authorized to work in Ghana. This is a locally recruited position and a full-time position. The Project Manager reports directly to the Partnership Managing Director. The Project Manager will be based in Ghana, specifically in Accra, with travel to AGRO-MAP's headquarters for planning and follow-up meetings on program activities.
Profil du poste
3. Job Description
• Participate in the design and drafting phase of technical project documents;
• Train and educate beneficiaries on agro-forestry and climate-smart agriculture;
• Monitor and manage teams dedicated to projects ;
• Develop training tools and data collections related to projects ;
• Participate in workshops with project stakeholders ;
• Implement projects according to the specification of customers. (Budget, timeline).
Business Development and Marketing
• Participate in the search for partnerships and marketing AGRO-MAP to interested partners
especially cocoa companies ;
• Engage in dialogue with stakeholders in Ghana ;
• Write and develop financial annual budgets for projects.
• Provide regular (monthly) reports including financial and weekly updates on activities ;
• Make sure that the account documents are available and respect national law.
4. Qualification Required and Experience
• Minimum Master’s Degree in International Development, Climate Change, Rural
Development, Agricultural Economics, Forestry, Environmental Science, Natural Resource
Management, or any other relevant subject ;
• 5+ years of relevant experience, in project implementation, Marketing, and/or partnership
• Experience in agriculture development preferably cocoa production and value-chain work ;
• Experience working on agroforestry and carbon finance (i.e. REDD+, Cocoa Forest
Initiative), social and environmental safeguards, landscape conversation, and other
environmental-related issues would be a major asset;
• Collaboration with higher management levels of private and public sector partners and/or
civil society organizations ;
• Experience in the Cote d’Ivoire cocoa landscape would be appreciated.
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills with diverse stakeholder working initiatives;
• Have an excellent command of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook),
collaborative tools (google drive), and communication tools (Skype, Teams, Zoom, etc.);
• Strong writing, speaking, and presentation skills in English and French is an asset.
5. Terms and conditions:
• Type of contract: Fixed-term contract;
• Duration of the contract: 12 months renewable with the possibility of a permanent contract.
Dossiers de candidature
6. Application forms:
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae + contacts and email addresses of three references.
- Cover letter + salary expectation ;
- Copies of the most recent qualification to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 7th April 2023 at 16:00 PM.
Only applications with complete files that meet the criteria listed above in the offer will be considered. Applicants must be free of any potential conflict of interest. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.