INTERNAL AUDIT & RISK ASSISTANT
Description du poste
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade certified producers and workers in Africa. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; Western Africa; and the Middle East and North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA aims to effectively represent producers and workers within the International Fairtrade system and provide services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods.
ABOUT THE JOB
To provide independent, objective assurance and consulting within the WAN region with the aim of assessing internal controls, risk management activities, financial statements / records and providing recommendations on any non-conformities that shall have been noted or identified.
LOCATION: Abidjan, Cote d'ivoire or Accra, Ghana
• Post holder reports to: Internal Audit & Risk Manager
• Staff reporting to this post: None
BUDGET RESPONSIBILITY: Yes
Profil du poste
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Preparing draft audit test procedures, draft notifications and request for information Memos;
• Preparing draft risk-based audit plans, programmes and schedules.
• Carrying out audit tests on internal controls in accounting, administration and operational procedures.
• Examining and evaluating the FTA’s internal controls to ascertain their adequacy and make recommendations for improvement
• Ensuring that the audit working, and paper files are complete and well referenced.
• Preparing draft audit reports.
• Provision of oversight responsibilities in risk management
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields: Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Economics or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution and in advance stage of pursuing Certified Public Accountancy or similar qualification. OR
• Be in possession of Certified Public Accountancy or Association of Certified Chartered
• Accountancy qualification or any other relevant.
• Possession of any of the following would be an added advantage: CISA, CIA, Risk Qualification, CFE or any other relevant.
Experience and Knowledge
• A minimum five (5) years in relevant work
• Thorough understanding of international NGO financial reporting standards
• Knowledge of and ability to work with different financial controls, systems and accounting regulations including taxation requirements, financial reporting requirements etc.
• Knowledge of reporting requirements of development partners
• Strong analytical, organization and planning skills
• Strong influencing and negotiating skills
• Problem solving skills
Dossiers de candidature
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICATION DEADLINE is 21st, AUGUST 2021
An application form (CVs will not be accepted) can be found on the jobs and volunteering page of our website http://www.fairtradeafrica.net/about-us/jobs-and-volunteering/ If you have any queries, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call +254 202721771 or +254 704180169 and ask to speak to a member of the HR team. Qualified applicants will be subjected to background checks as a pre-condition of employment. Completed applications should be saved in the applicant’s name and the position (Audit & Risk Assistant) and be e-mailed to email@example.com
All applicants should state how they meet essential requirements of the post and include their email address, telephone contacts and three referees with contact details on the application form.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED