SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
HEAD OF ADVOCACY AND CAMPAIGN
The Head of Campaign and Advocacy (HCA) is responsible for the development and implementation of SC CIV overall Campaign and Advocacy Strategy in Côte d’Ivoire. Based on Save the Children Cote d’Ivoire programming priorities, he/she support the identification of key issues for campaign and advocacy strategic opportunity, preparing and leading or supporting the implementation of strategies and messages. The HCA will lead the strategic oversight of the Communication strategy, ensuring the development and dissemination of communications content and products (including visual and written material) that voices the gaps in fulfilment of children rights. This includes overseeing traditional media and related external communications activities. She/he will succeed in establishing strong and strategic partnerships with like-minded organisations in advancing the rights of children. In addition, The HCA will build capacity of Technical Advisors and Field Managers to allow them to undertake responsibility on key campaign and advocacy activities in line with the SC CIV Advocacy Strategy.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or higher in social science, human rights, development, international relations, journalism/mass communication.
- Masters or post graduate degree in communications and media will be an added advantage
Experience and Skills
- At least 8-year experience in undertaking major advocacy, media and communication initiatives in humanitarian and development contexts, preferably with focus on child rights issues.
- Proven experience in analysing the situation of children using the child rights programming/ principles framework
- Proven track record of policy influencing with partners, government and civil societies/key stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, to analyze complex information and offer creative, practical and effective solutions
- Excellent influencing skills, including an ability to deal with people at all levels with credibility, tact, and diplomacy
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and an ability to produce good quality documents, information for a variety of audiences and communicate good practices
- Experience in policy and practice analysis and implementing strategic advocacy initiatives aimed at bringing changes in these areas
- Experience with online and social media communications strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills such as results-based, networking, negotiation and communication.
- Willing and able to travel time to upcountry locations to support field teams as security permits
- Strong computer skills to produce advocacy documents and document and communicate good practices.
- High level of fluency in English and French, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children International values.
Contract length: 02 Years
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
For external application :
For internal application:
Closing Date: Mar 5, 2020
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.