REGIONAL MONITORING, EVALUATION, RESEARCH, AND LEARNING MANAGER (MERL)
Description du poste
Job Title: Regional MERL Manager, Voices for Peace Project
Location: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Travel Requirements: Roughly 50% travel to Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Mali, and Niger.
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Equal Access International (EAI), a non-governmental organization based in Washington, D.C., partners with communities around the world to co-create sustainable solutions utilizing community engagement and participatory media and technology. With funding from bi-laterals, multi-laterals, foundations, corporations and individual donors, EAI has a 17-year track record implementing media and social change projects and currently operates in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Kenya, Mali, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, and the Philippines. EAI seeks a technically focused Regional Monitoring & Evaluation Manager (RMEM) to lead design and delivery of monitoring and evaluation inputs of our regional USAID-funded Voices for Peace (V4P) project.
As a member of the Voices for Peace (V4P) regional team, the Regional Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of an M&E system and research and learning culture across the V4P Project countries – Niger, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Mali and Chad. S/he will ensure the V4P Team can achieve its program objectives by facilitating continuous organizational learning, providing credible evidence, and improving program effectiveness. The M will provide technical leadership and support for the Regional Leadership Team, the Country Directors and M&E Officers, and region-wide partners towards achieving this goal. S/he reports to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP).
Job Responsibility #1: M&E CAPACITY BUILDING AND REPORTING: (50% of Time):
• Provides ongoing training, mentorship, and support for M&E officers in the Voices for Peace countries.
• Focus on training each of the five M&E officers to ensure that the revised M&E indicator table is used and updated regularly.
• Collaborates with the ICT4D Officers to obtain quantitative data and also disseminate project impact in innovative ways using social media.
• Conducts periodic country technical assistance and audit trips to support and oversee the quality of data collection processes and data management systems.
• Leads regional M&E trainings with country program and M&E staff/partners to enhance monitoring, learning and information sharing.
• Supports Country M&E officers to design and implement trainings with staff and partners at the country level to enhance monitoring, learning and information sharing.
• Provides technical support to the regional and country offices on log frame development, measurement plans, performance monitoring, and outcome harvesting.
• Contributes to all reports by using innovative tools (especially social media) to share stories on the impact of the project.
• Regularly feed social media platforms to showcase success stories and profiles of the project.
• Contributes to Equal Access’s website and social media accounts and other global organizational initiatives to share learning and best practices.
Job Responsibility #2: QUALITY MONITORING PROCESS & SYSTEMS: (25% of time):
• Ensures the M&E table is accurate and updated by the 15th of each month following the close of a quarter to feed into the quarterly report.
• Works in collaboration with the project leadership team to customize and implement the global M&E framework within the region, including data collection processes, tools and systems.
• Oversees and supports the semi-annual outcomes monitoring process by: 1) providing technical support on the sampling, data collection, and analysis processes, 2) ensuring quality and accuracy of data, 3) coordinating and reviewing all country outcome reports, 4) developing a regional report that synthesizes key findings across the countries.
• Ensures timely and accurate reporting of outputs by coordinating, analyzing, updating and maintaining the Quarterly Count system.
• Develops and operationalizes outcome harvesting tools across all five countries.
• Identifies innovations and improvements to enhance effectiveness of EAI’s M&E framework and systems.
Job Responsibility #3: PROGRAM LEARNING, PLANNING AND DESIGN: (20% of time):
• Oversees the identification and the ongoing review of the key strategic learning questions for each country and for the region as a whole.
• Supports Country M&E Officers in integrating the learning questions into their measurement plans.
• Develops a regional strategy to ensure that the M&E findings are shared and discussed and are informing programming decision-making (e.g. presenting on the key M&E findings at regional forums, facilitating discussions about the implications stemming from these findings, etc…).
• Assists country staff and partners to reflect on and document findings, including lessons learned and best practices.
• Provides additional technical support as needed throughout the region during project planning, including log frame development and review, identification of indicators and performance targets, and development of project-specific measurement approaches.
• Supports in the development of proposals as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned (5% of Time)
Profil du poste
• 3 to 5 years of experience in international development and monitoring & evaluation.
• 3 years of practical experience in designing and leading field-based program/project monitoring, evaluations, and / or research studies.
• Practical experience in development work preferably focused on violence reduction, conflict mitigation, and governance issues.
• Experience using social media to highlight project impact.
• Experience working with multiple countries/field offices.
• Experience in data collection and analysis.
• Experience in conducting training and mentorship of colleagues, preferably related to M&E.
• Written and spoken French and English is required for this position. Strong written English to the level to write reports in English is required for this position.
• Excellent computer skills, especially Excel. SPSS or other software an asset.
• Strong presentation skills: ability to chart data in various formats and present orally to large groups.
• Familiarity with complexity-aware M&E tools such as outcome harvesting, systems mapping, and most significant change.
• Strong training abilities, including leading participatory design sessions with field staff.
• Strong analysis skills for quantitative and qualitative data.
• Strong knowledge of program design and implementation, including results-based management, use of log frames and key performance indicators.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with multiple/external stakeholders.
• Detail oriented and analytical strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and make sound judgments to complete tasks.
• Ability to work in teams and build capacity of project team and partners in the area of monitoring and evaluation.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Willingness and ability to travel even at short notice. This position requires 50% travel to regional countries.
Dossiers de candidature
Please send your resume and Motivation Letter to : CI_V2P_Achats@equalaccess.org