TECHNOSERVE COTE D'IVOIRE
WEST AFRICA REGIONAL MONITORING, EVALUATION, AND LEARNING ADVISOR FLSA – EXEMPT GRADE - 9
Description du poste
Primary Functions & Responsibilities:
The primary responsibility of the West Africa MEL Advisor is to ensure the proper systems and procedures are in place to generate timely, high quality data and analysis that enables adaptive management across the region. In particular, the Advisor will:
● Advise on theories of change and logical frameworks. Provide M&E plans as part of project proposals, and ensure proposals have sufficient resources to adequately and cost-effectively perform M&E,
● Oversee best of class M&E implementation
○ Assess project compliance with organizational standards, including best practices in measuring gendered impact
○ Provide direct support at critical project junctures, in particular project inception, to establish the mechanisms for data-driven decision-making and feedback loops.
○ Supervise external consultants performing project evaluations as required
● Collaborate with country directors and regional management to systematically improve the structures, processes and resources that enable application of good MEL practices, including standardization of tools and technology use,
● Supervise 1 Regional Database Administrator to ensure the build-out of data management technology that supports real-time data collection and reporting,
● Provide critical input into the hiring, supervision and performance evaluation of project and country-level M&E staff,
● Support the exchange of information and knowledge to improve project implementation by participating and contributing to internal and external fora.
● Shepherd annual impact reporting from their regions; Co-present the results (with country rep) to the Impact team for review.
Profil du poste
Soft skills, including the ability to influence and build capacity as well as excellent causal logic thinking, are as important to the success of this role as quantitative and analytical skills. General requirements include:
● A bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as economics or other social science, business administration, agronomy or relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of experience designing, managing and implementing multidisciplinary and results-based M&E systems in an international context OR a master's degree and 3 years of similar experience
● Ample knowledge of the rural setting, particularly market systems and how market flaws contribute to underdevelopment. Ample knowledge of the sector, including market actors, characteristics, norms and institutions
● Extensive experience utilizing M&E methods and methodologies (including qualitative, quantitative, and participatory methods as well as the use of causal logic in designing, planning, implementing, and evaluating projects); demonstrated dominion over and capacity to learn data collection and analytical software (e.g. Commcare, Excel, NVivo, SPSS, or others)
● Outstanding written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated track record of producing high quality, well-written deliverables. Proven ability to translate research, methodologies, and data into accessible formats for colleagues with non-technical backgrounds
● Takes an inquisitive and creative approach to problem-solving.
● A commitment to coaching staff to support their development.
● A demonstrated capacity for management. Examples include successful project management, personnel management, work plan management, and/or financial management
● A demonstrated ability to coordinate and communicate effectively and diplomatically with a range of external and internal colleagues including donors, partners and senior and junior team members across diverse cultures
● Inherent value and respect for voices of staff at all organizational levels, external stakeholders, and the women and men we work with.
● Fluency in English strongly preferred; proficiency in French and local languages desirable.
● Willingness to travel frequently
Dossiers de candidature
Les candidats intéressés devront envoyer un CV, lettre de motivation et prétention salariale à email@example.com au plus tard le 28 Novembre 2019.