CREDIT ANALYST (TRAINEE) -WEST AFRICA- FIX CONTRACT 6 MONTHS
Description du poste
ABOUT ROOT CAPITAL
Root Capital invests in the growth of agricultural enterprises so they can transform rural communities. These businesses purchase crops such as coffee, cocoa, or grains from smallholder farmers. With growth, they become engines of impact that can raise incomes, create jobs, empower women and young people, sustain peace and preserve vulnerable ecosystems.
Root Capital supplies these businesses with vital resources: access to capital, trade and technical partners, financial training and conservation practices. We work in hard-to-serve geographies where others do not. To date, we have loaned $1.2 billion to improve the lives of six million people in farming communities.
Root Capital is looking for a Credit Analyst (Trainee) for a six (6) month contract to support the Portfolio Manager for Francophone West Africa in lending activities.
The Credit Analyst (Trainee) will support the growth and quality of root Capital’s Credit Portfolio in Francophone WAF through financial and Credit Analysis of loan applications from small and medium-sized rural enterprises (SME’s). He or she will also monitor the quality of outstanding loans.
Profil du poste
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Credit Analysis (50%)
● Support the Portfolio Manager in French-speaking countries of West Africa to collect, verify and analyse information for potential or actual credits in priority areas, mainly in sustainable agriculture.
● Prepare along with the loan officers, the credit proposals/memos, for presentation and consideration by the credit committee. Deliver additional reports, regarding operations as required by Portfolio Manager. Critically analyse the financial statements and apply financial, commercial, environmental and social criteria to the actual and considered credits, providing recommendation for payment and monitoring the repayment of the loans disbursed.
● In collaboration with the Portfolio Manager review and update the qualification of risk during the analysis of the credit proposal and during the life of the loan once it is disbursed.
● Collect and Analyse periodic monitoring reports from designated clients, third party monitors and discuss with the Risk Manager.
● Complete periodic Risk Rating Engine reports in Salesforce for designated clients under the guidance of the Risk Manager.
● Ensure client covenant compliance in line with loan agreement/approved terms and conditions.
● Perform other duties as may be required
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or a related field.
● Ability to handle different tasks and to work under pressure, maintain deadlines.
● Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
● 100% fluent (verbal and writing) in English. Highly organized and high attention to detail.
● Proactive, service-oriented attitude.
● Knowledge of the agribusiness sector is a plus.
● Strong skills in financial analysis.
Dossiers de candidature
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 1st September, 2019.