Description du poste
Rainforest Alliance is looking for a consultant for a project.
The main objectives of this project can be summarized in the point below:
- Pilot the use of ground truth to verify the accuracy of satellite data analysis. This includes collecting information about farmers and farms of a specific UTZ certified member in Ivory Coast
- Identify the best methodology for ground truth of a group of selected topics of analysis, to be further up-scaled for other UTZ certified farms.
- Provide RA will quality data collected during ground truth assignment.
This project will be executed among farmers of one
cooperative in Soubré. It is not a long-term project, although further projects could arise after this one.
The Deliverables are:
- Ground Truth Data collection design – methodology, logistics and timeline
- Ground truth data collection – implementation
- Ground truth data set to be sent to RA in electronic format (to be agreed with
Rainforest Alliance) and by a secure way of transfer (to be agreed with Rainforest
- Final report of the activities in French (to be agreed if English is also needed) in a
digital format (Word or PDF)
Profil du poste
- Knowledge of Ivory Coast context (preferable with Ivorian nationality)
- Knowledge of local language in the location of the project
- Auditing Experience
- Experience with designing a field project for data collection
- Familiarity with assignments in the farming context
- Able to travel to the areas of the ground truth pilot
- Expertise on GPS devices and related use
- Previous experience with ground truth assignments
- Knowledge of ArcGIS and Remote Sensing tooling
- Good communication skills
- Experience with projects where different stakeholders are involved
- Experience with reporting
Dossiers de candidature
If you’re interessed in, please send your application to Mr Kouamé Endersone at email@example.com
Deadline: 18th of January 2019