Description du poste
Responsible for the development of ocean freight rates, ocean carrier relationships.
*Senior Air, Ocean and Ground freight rates negotiator / buyer
*The candidate must have a working knowledge of containerized ocean, LCL, Isotank, air and freight forwarding internationally.
*The candidate will create new and will support the ongoing relationship with Ocean carriers, air carriers, FF’s and railroads in accordance with the multi-modal strategy.
*Responsible for the development and management of ocean freight, airfreight, ground freight contracts.
*Job requires work aggressively on establishing new ways to reduce freight rates or eliminate costs
• Research data, identify and assign Department of Transportation (DOT)
• Hazard classifications, placard requirements, and freight rate classification to an unlimited variety of commodities shipped.
• Evaluates shipment requirements to plan the most efficient and economical method of transportation. A variety of shipments require movement by more than one mode (i.e., movement to a port by motor and subsequent movement by water or military air to final destination).
• Use a variety of regulations in the shipment planning process in line with local laws and regulations for movement of hazardous material by motor, International Air Transport Association and International Civil Aviation Organization for movement of dangerous goods by sea.
• Do research carrier tenders and tariffs, compute and compare freight rates, accessorize charges and fuel surcharges.
Profil du poste
freight forwarding rate
Dossiers de candidature
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English and Diplomas to the following email:
NB: ONLY SELECTED/SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WOULD BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS