Description du poste
Essential Duties and Responsibilities - Include but are not limited to the following:
• Track, trace and monitor Estes Forwarding shipments and update the status with complete notes.
• Perform clerical processes related to the TopUniverse Forwarding business. Process routine customer information in support of transportation, billing and/or collection efforts.
• Monitor the Web, fax, and voice mail for service provider updates.
• Maintain data for specific customers, markets, products and/or processes as required.
• Assist and support coordinators, supervisors and managers with various business needs.
• Communicate to Freight Forwarding Coordinator or Supervisor any issues or problems that may put a shipment in jeopardy of failure.
• Confirm charges from service providers as needed.
• Maintain familiarity with conditions that need special and accessorial charges and ensure that all costs and charges are complete and accurate.
• Perform miscellaneous job functions to assist with operations, sales efforts, contracts and billing.
• Compliance with company security procedures.
• To ensure the safety of workers, freight operations supervisors must be knowledgeable about all laws, regulations, and policies that pertain to Freight industry.
• Will read, analyze and interpret highly complex regulations and procedures, and respond to common inquiries or complaints.
• Other duties as assigned.
Profil du poste
Minimum skills and knowledge:
Education, knowledge and experience
• Level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (Logistics and transport, Procurement).
• 3+ years of experience in the Transportation or Freight Forwarding industry preferred. A combination of education and experience will be taken into consideration.
• Job specific software applications required
• Sound knowledge on all local laws, regulations, and policies that pertain to the Freight industry
• Good understanding of risk management in physical soft/agricultural commodities trading.
• Fluent in English and French, both verbal and written.
• Team player with strong commercial acumen.
• Good analytical and numerical skills with attention to detail.
• Keen sense of priorities to meet short deadlines.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft office applications, especially Excel.
Dossiers de candidature
Interested persons should send their CVs in English and diplomas to the email listed below:
NB: ONLY SELECTED/SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WOULD BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.