Save the Children International in Cote d'Ivoire recruits a:
(01) DIRECTOR OF PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT, QUALITY & ADVOCACY
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) in Cote d’Ivoire, the Director of Program Development, Quality and Advocacy is responsible for driving the country office strategic plan and Theory of change. He/she is also responsible for ensuring strategic development of high quality, evidence based, innovative full spectrum programs that deliver immediate and lasting change for children and contribute to Save the Children’s global Breakthroughs: Learn, Survive, Be Protected. One of key aspects of the Role is ensuring capacity building, mentoring and coaching of technical advisors in order to build strong PDQA department.
Under the supervision of the Country Director, He / she will:
- Position SC as the leading organization for children's issues in the country, with child rights at the core of all programming and advocacy work
- Lead the development/updating of the Country Program Strategies and Country Annual Plans and Reports by conducting a Child Rights Situation Analysis and ensuring participation and buy-in from all relevant staff, partners and other stakeholders as necessary
- Support development of cross-team coordination mechanisms to ensure effective collaboration and integration across key programs (e.g. program operations, advocacy) and related departments (e.g. awards, local fundraising)
- Ensure that the country office has high quality, cost-effective and evidence based multi-sector programs reflecting SC’s global initiatives and theory of change
- Ensure programmes in the design process have a strong evidence base resulting from learning via needs assessments and situational analyses
- Lead on and drive fundraising strategies in the CO by setting fundraising targets, coordinating regional offices and members to get first funding in and generate new opportunities
- Work closely with the Director of Operations, lead SC Cote d’Ivoire’s operational research programs, deliver existing research projects and develop new ones.
- Oversee the development of a monitoring system that provides timely and accurate project results by embedding MEAL across programme implementation
- Ensure high quality evaluations are conducted to demonstrate outcomes and impact and accountability mechanisms are in place for all projects with a focus on knowledge management
- Ensure regular data collection and meaningful analyses, establishment of accountability and learning mechanisms, with regular dissemination of strategic information to SMT and other relevant staff to drive learning and improve program quality
- Participate in project kick-offs for significant awards to ensure effective strategic direction and project close-outs to gather learning and share results
- Monitor and advance technical and operational quality of field programmes across all themes and accountable for results and sustainability of programme outcomes
- Ensure effective working relationships with SC global and regional technical advisors, procuring technical support as needed to support program and advocacy efforts
- Represent Save the Children and network with government authorities, donors, partners and other stakeholders to promote SC objectives and build relationships to facilitate success of our projects
- Lead on advocacy initiatives that promote to national government, civil society and political leaders, child rights and governance and work to influence policy and legislation in the best interests of children
- Ensure Country Office complies with the SC Quality Framework Essential Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS)
- Interface with Members to effectively execute strategy and build effective donor relationships
NB: This list is not meant to be exhaustive.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s Degree in relevant social science, human rights, development studies, NGO management or equivalent fields
- A minimum of seven years of progressive senior management and/or development experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, including experience directing and implementing programs for children
- Experience in more than one of Save the Children's thematic sectors: education, child protection, child rights governance, health and nutrition, child poverty, emergencies
- Knowledge of New Business Development, members and donors and their environments and a basic understanding of advocacy, policy, and reform in the host country
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent Save the Children at all levels
- Experience working with high level government agencies and academics on issues related to children
- Strong skills and proven experience in new program development, project design, and donor proposal design with corporate, foundations and institutional donors
- Strong skills and proven experience in leading strategic planning, change management and program management processes; also from the knowledge and learning perspective
- Developing and managing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Fluent in both English and French Languages (written and spoken)
CONTRACT LENGTH: 2 years, renewable
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children in Cote d’Ivoire currently operates in 5 field bases (Abengourou, Abidjan, Bouake, Man and Odienne). SC Cote d’Ivoire has over 170 staff. The amount of 2017 active grants for SC Cote d’Ivoire is currently about $25M.
Please send us your application by mail only (including a cover letter, CV and copies of diplomas including current salary details and expectation as a non-compressed single document, in Word or PDF. The file must be renamed: first name_surname_Reference:RH009) through our website:
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
We encourage female candidates to apply.
Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
Please note that given the urgency to fill this post, CVs will be analysed as and when received till such time we have enough suitable applications. Potential candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.