ASSISTANT MANAGER, PROJECT FINANCE
- Originating and completing Project finance transactions across a spectrum of sectors in different countries in liaison with the branch teams and with support from the Head of Project Finance;
- Structuring Small to Medium Size project related financing transactions from term sheets to execution;
- Participate in the preparation of annual business development plans, covering all aspects of project related financing;
- Translate business development plans into real business for the Bank from all segments of project financing market e.g.
- Project related financing;
- Renewable and Energy Efficient financing
- Develop and manage initiatives and programmes such as the Project preparation facility (PPF), Renewable Energy Initiatives (“RE”), etc.;
- Work with Client Relations department to develop schemes for establishing market presence with emphasis on broadening the geographic scope of the Bank’s activities;
- Manage given portfolios, from the process of origination, credit approval and contracting to ensure that the process is finalised within optimal time;
- Supporting the credit department with relevant information to facilitate the credit process and the legal department in the facilitation of transaction documentation;
- In line with the above, liaise with the Client Relation and Banking Operations department to ensure that once approval is obtained, disbursement is done within the required timelines and that the portfolio is managed according to the terms of the agreement and to the client’s satisfaction, until expiry of the same;
- Establishing ties with market participants including international banks, African financial institutions, (project finance intermediaries), project sponsors and developers, corporates and commodity boards and organizations;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by senior management.
Requirements: Qualification and Skill
- First Degree and post graduate degree in Business Administration, Banking or Finance from a recognized University;
- A professional qualification in Banking or International Trade Finance will be an added advantage;
- Sound experience of at least 5 years with a leading organisation and familiarity with the major trade and project finance products to be offered to clients especially syndication, co-financing, club deals, correspondent banking products including letters of credit, factoring, forfaiting, structured trade finance, carbon financing, corporate finance risk participations, project-related financing and considerable knowledge of how these work;
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting and therefore knowledge of the workings of the main segments of the trade finance markets and the participants in major regions of Africa;
- Ability to meet senior officials of banks, corporates and governments and win their confidence that the specialist’s products will meet the needs of these parties;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other working languages is an added advantage
- Proven experience in marketing trade and project finance products. The candidate must demonstrate experience and knowledge of designing and selling structured trade finance products;
- Willingness to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank’s objectives;
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including ability to organize and manage human resources to attain goals.
- Suitably qualified candidates from all African nationalities are encouraged to apply
If you wish to apply for the position please send your CV to Thania Jaffer at email@example.com.
For any further information please get in contact with:
Thania Jaffer Executive Recruiter: Insurance, Risk & Healthcare CA Global Finance
If you have not had any response in two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful however your CV will be kept on our database for any other suitable positions.
Reference : TJF 3701
Location : Cairo, Egypt